Monday, August 9, 2010

Sick...

My wonderful fiancee has given me a gift that feels like it will never stop giving. Her cold. Starting on Saturday, I began showing symptoms of her head and chest cold, and yesterday we had a drive scheduled up to upstate NY and MA to have our food testing and check-in at the wedding location to continue our work on determining scheduling and flow. I somehow made it through a 3 hour trip up and another one back, but between sweating and coughing and generally feeling exhausted, I am in a world of stuff this morning. The cough feels awful, my throat is raw and irritated, and I have the energy of a AAA battery sold at a flea market, which is to say not a whole lot!
Past history has shown that mixing night-time cold medicines such as NyQuil or Tylenol Cold & Flu seem to give me an increased susceptibility to having a seizure, so I am only taking the daytime stuff. One wonders if I had taken some night-time meds last night might I possibly be feeling better today and NOT have seized. Ugh.
Despite all of this, she has (as always) been a rock in taking care of me, and I love her all the more for it.
Knock on wood this thing gets the flock out of my system sooner rather than later!
Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment