Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Too much to ask?

So last Thursday I started my first day off of Depakote and my first day at my 250mg level of Primidone (Mysoline - barbiturates). I seem to have been tolerating it well; no real exhaustion or other side effects.
Until this morning.
Yet another medication where I have a breakthough. Last night (this morning) between 11:30pm and 3:30am I had three seizelets. Mary seems optimistic as the seizelets didn't end as intensely as they have in the past. She thinks (hopes) that this may be due to the new medication having a good effect and being worthwhile.
Each started like a grandmal, with twitching and ticking, but without the more serious drooling/frothing, heavy moaning and breathing that usually occurs afterwards.
I wonder... Can I adequately describe how much I hate this? I am at work today, feeling wiped, but will do my best to push through.
By the way, the CBS 60 Minutes special on the group CARE, founded by Susan Axelrod, and the story of her and her husband David's child who has been suffering with epilepsy since she was a baby, was rerun this past Sunday.
Not sure if it can be found online, but very moving.
Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment