Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Seizure clusters

On Sunday I had another cluster of seizures, my third in as many months. Clearly the Vimpat is not controlling my seizures as well as we would hope. On Monday, my doctor raised the dosage from 300mg to 350mg, and WOW what a difference. I left work yesterday and went home, unable to cope with the enhanced side effects. I was in a stupor for most of the day, completely unable to focus. I tried to do anything that I considered basic and elementary for helping me focus on something, including counting to 100. I got to 72, I think. Very frustrating.
I went to my doctor this morning. Mary came with me. After talking about all the options, we are going to take me off of the Vimpat and try Depakote with the Trileptal instead. After that it looks like we have a few other drug cocktails we could try before we would consider surgery, although the possibility of that seems to be looming out there and it scares the crap out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment